Seven men are charged with drugging up and pimping out a 16-year-old girl in Miami, FL as reported by Peter Burke for WPLG: "on two occasions, she was forced to have sex with up to eight men at once, police said."
Twenty-two suspected gangbangers have been charged with pimping out little girls as young as twelve in San Diego, CA which is "identified by the FBI as a top location in the nation for sex trafficking, mostly by street gangs" as reported by Kristina Davis for U-T San Diego: "many of the gang's members also consider themselves rappers and use the music to promote the pimping lifestyle, recruit new members and gain status, authorities said."
The gangbangers have become so entrenched in the sex trade in San Diego that it is "almost at the level of organized crime" according to new study from the Urban Institute as previously reported by KPBS: "gangs running online prostitution, young girls being tricked or trafficked into sex work, and some victims being lured across the border into migrant brothels."
Federal prosecutors are charging a Mexican illegal with raping a 12-year-old girl he solicited online in Baltimore, MD as reported by Meghan McCorkell for WJZ. Of course, the age of consent is twelve throughout much of Mexico and Central America, and U.S. law enforcement better be prepared for more such cases in opening the borders to our southern neighbors.
Terry Bean, the 66-year-old co-founder of gay lobby group Human Rights Campaign and a major fundraiser for Barack Obama's presidential campaigns, has been charged with the sexual abuse of a 15-year old boy in Portland, OR as reported by Nigel Jaquiss for Williamette Week:
No Oregonian has raised more money for President Barack Obama. At a 2009 Human Rights Campaign dinner, Obama called Bean a "great friend and supporter." The president in 2012 hosted Bean on Air Force One, and when Obama visits Oregon, Bean has had the honor of greeting him as the president gets off his plane.
Police also arrested Bean's 25-year-old former boyfriend Kiah Lawson for his alleged role in the child rape.
The national media largely has refused to cover the story which "is politically convenient for President Obama as he tries to pull off one of his riskiest political moves ever with his amnesty executive order" as reported by Brett M. Decker for USA Today:
If one of President George W. Bush's bundlers would have been charged with child rape, make no mistake about it, the media feeding frenzy would have been uncontrollable -- which would be legitimate given the severity of the allegation. The silence surrounding Terrence Bean exposes the national media's partisan double standard in obscene detail.
In her new documentary An Open Secret award-winning filmmaker Amy Berg takes on powerful men in the entertainment industry who allegedly sexually abused underage boys but after its premier last Friday night at the DOC NYC festival the explosive work likely won't be viewed again due to industry pressure as reported by Gordon Cox for Variety. "Maybe we'll get distribution," the director said, but "it's not very likely." Journalist John Connolly said "the reason this movie is having trouble getting distribution is because of Hollywood." Indeed, at the film's premiere DOC NYC co-founder Thom Powers said "a wall of silence has been erected around long-circulating molestations charges in Hollywood" as reported by Greg Cwik for Indiewire.
Award-winning filmmaker Amy Berg explores the "alleged sexual abuse of minors by powerful Hollywood players" in her new documentary An Open Secret which premieres this Friday at the DOC NYC film festival in New York as reported by Gregg Kilday for The Hollywood Reporter. The film "focuses in part on the late 1990s Internet company Digital Entertainment Network headed by Marc Collins-Rector and Chad Shackley, who [allegedly] held alcohol- and drug-fueled parties attended by teen boys," and also examines several other purported cases.
There previously have been allegations of powerful entertainment industry figures molesting young boys. For example, in 1975 the NYDA and NYPD initiated an investigation dubbed Operation Together which, among other things, was looking into mob-controlled underage boy sex rings, and according to a now-retired detective assigned to the case with whom this blogger Friends of Ours spoke a now-deceased Hollywood director nominated for multiple Oscars was notorious for sex parties at his Long Island estate which were stocked with jail bait. The investigation further allegedly implicated individuals at the highest levels in New York City politics, power and society, and was shut down in 1977 by "top brass" over the objections of assigned investigators and an ADA as they were on the verge of bringing indictments.
A few years later investigator Dale Smith from the New York State Senate's Select Committee on Crime, said in a July 27, 1982 article by the Associated Press that "organized crime in New York" was running a six-city boy prostitution network -- Los Angeles, San Francisco, New Orleans, New York, Washington and Houston -- with the "male prostitutes between the ages of 13 and 16 . . . shuttled between the cities."
1980s child star Corey Feldman claims in his recent memoir Coreyography that the entertainment industry in Hollywood is riddled with pedophiles who prey on the young talent as reported by Sherryl Connelly for the Daily News: "Feldman . . . charges that the 'number one problem in Hollywood was, and is, and always will be, pedophilia.'"
The Special Victims Squad of the New York Police Department is investigating a criminal complaint by man in his young twenties which alleges that X-Men director Bryan Singer sexually assaulted him in the Big Apple on March 23, 2013 as reported by BuzzFeed: "the 48-year-old Singer . . . has not been charged with a crime," and "whether he ever will be depends largely on what the investigation turns up." Earlier this week Michael Egan dropped his lawsuit which alleged Singer sexually abused him as an underage teen.
Gang leader Ducarme Joseph survived an attempted hit in March 2010 but on Friday night finally was gunned down as reported by The Gazette: "he was known as an important player in Montreal's drug and prostitution scene, filling the vacuum left by the dismantling of the Hells Angels and imprisonment of alleged Mafia kingpin Vito Rizzuto." Joseph was a degenerate involved with pimping out children, and served an eight-month prison term for the 1989 rape of a 12-year-old girl.
Police have not publicly identified a possible motive for the Joseph hit but some mob watchers cite "retaliation for his alleged role in the 2009 murder of Nick Rizzuto Jr." while his father Vito was serving time in a U.S. prison as reported by CTV News.
The 'Ndrangheta or Calabrian Mafia is suspected of backing a breakaway group from the Rizzuto clan with Cosa Nostra or the Sicilian Mafia for control over the drug trade in Montreal and New York, and the turf war has resulted in dozens of murders over the last few years.